Zombies Are Naughty

I’ve lost count how many zombies I’ve killed today. They are a pesky lot, either dying too fast or not fast enough. Still, “dying” is an odd thing for a zombie to do at all.

Yes, I’ve been tinkering with the zombie rules for Deadzone and they’re coming along quite well. At present they still take a bit too long to play through and need more trimming. I think I’ve worked out how to fix that, but I’ll need to play it out a bit more tomorrow to be sure. Sometimes ideas seem really good in theory and fall apart really quickly in practice. Best to try it for real.

Note that these are slow zombies (and they’re not really zombies anyway). If you’re brain’s been mushed by an alien mutagen then I’m thinking that you’ll not be as spry as you might be. Of course, there are up-sides. You’re not bothered by little things like being shot at or injured….

About these ads
This entry was posted in Deadzone. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Zombies Are Naughty

1. fiendil says:

Brrraaaainsss.

2. Matt Grant says:

I’m pretty stoked to see how this plays. I’ve seen some people make up custom rules and have trouble with the flow, like you suggested, however it was fun to watch. I look forward to seeing more and hope you guys get some vids up on youtube!

The Southern Yank,
    Matt

3. Rich says:

On that note, do we have any idea if gameplay Vids’s 2 and 3 are ever coming Jake? :-)

4. Matt Smith says:

If the zombies don’t die fast enough, maybe there is room for a knock back or knock down rule, to give a little bit of breathing space… though not too much. Though the flip side could be a zombie pile on rule, your armour might save you initially from an attack, but the sheer weight of clawing zombies will leave you pinned until you get some help or your armour finally gives in.

5. Can’t wait to play this mode!

6. killaminis says:

My mouth is watering at the idea of these new rules, can’t wait to see how these play.

7. Simon Howard says:

Ah so the theme tune to the Zombie hordes will be supplied by ChumbaWumba then ;)