Well it’s been a turbulent KS and no mistake, but the final waves of invaders are almost upon us. The Mars Attacks Kickstarter ends in a few hours, so if you’re still sitting on the fence now is the time to make your decision!
As ever with these things, I’m looking forward to the end so I know exactly what I’ve got to write. We always have a plan to start with though the comments and feedback change that as we go along. Only when the dust settles do we know for certain what’s been locked in and needs writing 😉
The core of the game is finished already, but what else do we need? Giant bugs, shrink rays, Novas Vira characters are all on the cards, and there’s more up Ronnie’s sleeve (got to store them somewhere).
Still time left for a few surprises 🙂
I hear there’s supposed to be a v1.1 ruleset being released by you. Say it’s true.
Happy Remembrance Day.
We’ve got a playtest day very soon. I’m not sure what Mantic were thinking about a second public beta. I’ll have to ask when the craziness is over and they’ve had a few hours sleep 😉
I thought I’d post a few suggestions for the Mars Attacks game here instead of on the kickstarter as the comments section there does not always appertain to rules.
1) I reckon the Martian Science Devision’s big gun should be a telsa weapon. Someone over on one of the kickstarter comments selections came up with the idea and I think it fits well. Maybe the weapon could arch lightning from one target to others in the same square?
2) Please could you ask mantic about including all the rules for the kickstarter exclusive characters in the limited edition Hardback rulebook? It would be excellent if the Hardback rulebook included all the rules for everything available in the kickstarter. As the Hardback rulebook is only available to kickstarter backers theoretically no one owning the book would object to having rules included for limited edition content (as they’ll either own said content or will have had the chance to). Also it would be so much better to have all the rules in a rulebook rather than tagged on as a PDF resource or some such.
3) Please please please make General Zar (from the Attack from Space comic book bundle) have a ranged attack. I notice on a rear view photo of the model that he has a pistol holstered. Also please make him extra awesome as he’s my favourite character (his grudge against humanity is great). I’m not sure how you’d capture that in the rules but I have every confidence in your ability to do it.
Lastly thank you for reading this post. I really appreciate you taking the time to read comments and feedback.
Good luck writing all the rules 🙂
1) So Tesla was a Martian in disguise, eh? Cunning devils.
2) I’ll ask. Including LE rules is sometimes a problem because people who were not around for the Kickstarter get upset that you’ve sold them a rulebook they can’t then play with. Mind you, if the hardback is KS exclusive…
3) If the model is carrying a pistol then he’ll have a ranged attack.
Interesting. Now that they’ve added some Deadzone stuff, it might be worth giving it a shot, especially if you get those Tiger Division minis on top for free. Oh wait, you no longer get those.
I think the bundle deals changed when they reworked all the stretch goals to give you even more free stuff than before. Can’t say I was following the details though so that could be wrong. They are still available though if that’s what you are particularly after.